Peterson AFB Military Divorce Attorneys
The Pikes Peak region is home to four air force bases - Peterson AFB, the U.S. Air Force Academy, Schriever AFB, and Cheyenne Mountain Air Station. Combined, the Colorado Springs area has tens of thousands of air force personnel, family members, and military retirees. Black & Graham offers them skilled representation from expert Colorado Springs military divorce lawyers.
Air Force Military Divorce Law Firm
- Most of our attorneys and staff are military veterans or current military spouses.
- Carl Graham, our family law manager, wrote the Military Divorce Guide, a comprehensive guide to military family law issues.
- Our lawyers and paralegals not only attend every class imaginable about Colorado military family law, but we teach most of them!
- Our military divorce experience is unsurpassed - about a third of our cases involve the military, which means we’ve litigated hundreds of military family law cases.
- Black & Graham’s family law attorneys have been recognized through awards, bar leadership positions, and superb ratings by independent agencies. Click on our individual attorney resumes for more information.
- Our attorneys are also Colorado family law experts. Our managing family law partner wrote the Colorado Divorce & Family Law Guide, we attend family law courses throughout the state, and our “least experienced” attorney, with over a dozen years of litigation experience, would be running the place at most firms.
Veteran Military Divorce Attorneys
Does your military divorce lawyer really know the military? The veterans and military spouses at the Colorado Springs law firm of Black & Graham don’t just know an E-7 from an O-6, we have firsthand experience of the unique military way of life.
Carl Graham, who manages our family law attorneys, spent over 8 years as a JAG attorney, where he helped servicemembers and family members with family law and other issues, spent time as both a prosecutor and defense counsel, and ended his career as the Senior Trial Counsel at Fort Carson. He deployed overseas twice during his military career.
Cliff Black, our managing criminal law partner, is a Colorado National Guard veteran, who brings a unique reserve component experience to his cases.
Oliver Johnson, senior associate, is a retired JAG colonel with over 30 years of legal experience, ending his military career at NORTHCOM at Peterson Air Force Base.
Tracy Kellett, our office manager and senior paralegal, is not only a veteran herself, but she’s also a military spouse, as is Kayci Parish, our administrative assistant and friendly face at the front desk.
Colorado Air Force Divorce Experts
Does your family law attorney know how courts treat BAH, BAS and HFP? Read the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act? Draft an order to divide military retirement that satisfies both Colorado legal requirements and DFAS? Know the difference between VA disability, combat-related special compensation, and the TDRL or PDRL?
Make sure your attorney knows military divorce issues. Some self-proclaimed Peterson or Air Force Academy divorce lawyers know surprisingly little about military legal issues. Being a good family law attorney does not mean one has the specialized knowledge necessary to be a good military divorce lawyer. Test your prospective military divorce attorneys’ knowledge by asking a few basic questions during your initial consultation. See this article in the Military Divorce Guide for sample questions to ask your prospective attorney.
Peterson AFB & Air Force Academy Military Divorce Attorneys
If you're an airman, family member or retiree who needs a military divorce attorney in El Paso County, we would be honored if you consider the law firm of Black & Graham. We know the Air Force, and our veteran team of Colorado Springs military divorce attorneys is managed by Carl O. Graham, a former JAG attorney, who writes articles and teaches Colorado military divorce law to lawyers and judges throughout the state. Our lawyers have the training and experience to handle your case, and you can’t find more skilled and focused military family law attorneys in Colorado Springs.
We handle Fort Carson family law cases, and military divorces from Peterson AFB, the U.S. Air Force Academy, Schriever AFB, Cheyenne Mountain Air Station, and the Pikes Peak region. We also offer a 10% military discount to all service members, military spouses, and retirees.